Profile EditThe Middle school teams are all known japanese schools soccer teams during the 16th National Middle School Championships in Captain Tsubasa (Boys' Fight arc). Due to Munemasa Katagiri's review on the junior soccer "Toto" magazine - where he proclaimed that there was no rival left for Tsubasa in Japan -, several teams were eager to defeat the "king" Nankatsu once and for all. Due to the fierce fights, Tsubasa had several strains and injuries on both his left shoulder and right leg (left in the manga) as to the final match against their "eternal" rival Toho.
Later on, many players from these teams where selected by coach Tatsuo Mikami as the best 24 players of the national tournament and were invited for the training camp of All Japan Jr. Youth (J Boys' Challenge arc).
16th National Championship Teams Edit
These teams are the main teams during the national middle school tournament.
- Nankatsu: Led by MF Tsubasa Ozora and many of his teammates from Nankatsu SC. They achieved the V-3 championship.
- Toho Academy: Led by FW Kojiro Hyuga, together with FW Kazuki Sorimachi, GK Ken Wakashimazu and MF Takeshi Sawada. They achieved the V-1 championship.
- Furano: Led by MF Hikaru Matsuyama. They were defeated by Nankatsu 2:3.
- Meiwa Higashi: Led by FW Noboru Sawaki and former Meiwa FC players. They were defeated by Toho 1:2.
- Chubu: Led by MF Kazuo Yamashita. They were defeated by Toho Academy 0:3 in the quarter-finals.
- Hirado: Led by DF Jito, assisted by his partner FW Sano. They were defeated by Nankatsu 3:4 in the quarter-finals.
- Kanamura: Led by MF Osamu Ito. They were defeated by Meiwa Higashi 0:2 in the quarter-finals.
- Minamiuwa: Led by MF Tetsuo Ishida. Minamiuwa was Furano's rival in the tournament quarter-finals.
- Azumaichi: Led by DF Makoto Soda. They were defeated by Nankatsu 1:2 on the first round.
- Hanawa: Tachibanas' team. They were defeated by, Nankatsu 2:3 on the third round.
- Nishikigaoka: A team from Kanagawa prefecture. They were defeated by Nankatsu 0:6 on the second round. In Captain Tsubasa (PS2), they are led by MF Ryuji Amamiya.
Prefecture qualification round Teams Edit
Finals qualifier round
- Musashi: Led by MF Jun Misugi. Musashi was Toho's rival in the Tokyo round finals.
- Naniwa: Led by GK Taichi Nakanishi. Naniwa was Azumaichi's rival in the Osaka round finals.
- Otomo: Led by DF Hanji Urabe, a team with great players such as FW Shun Nitta and the Otomo Quartet. Otomo was Nankatsu's opponent in the finals of the Shizuoka prefecture qualifier round. On the following qualification round a year later, Otomo was to beat Nankatsu, since all former senior students had to leave the club in order to prepare for the High School entrance exams.
Prefecture qualifier round
- Ichidatesan: A team that played against Toho in the first round of the Tokyo prefecture qualifier round.
- Ito: Led by GK Shimizu, Nankatsu's first opponent in the Shizouka prefecture qualifier round.
- Hamanaka: Nankatsu's third opponent in the Shizuoka prefecture qualifier round.
- Kawane: Nankatsu's second opponent in the Shizuoka prefecture qualifier round.
- Otaichi: Nankatsu's opponent in the quarterfinals in the Shizuoka prefecture qualifier round.
- Okabe: Nankatsu's opponent in the semifinals in the Shizuoka prefecture qualifier round.
Other School Teams Edit
- Nakahara: Shingo Aoi's former team, from Gifu prefecture. Nakahara played a friendly match against Nankatsu.