Captain Tsubasa 5: Hasha no Shogo Campione (キャプテン翼V 覇者の称号カンピオーネ kyaputen tsubasa V hasha no shougou kanpione), translated as Captain Tsubasa V: Campione, Title of the Champion, is the fifth and last installment of the original Captain Tsubasa videogame series developed by Tecmo.
The game differs greatly from its "Cinematic Football" oriented predecessors. It adopts a new gameplay with a classic view of the pitch and improved graphics. It features various RPG elements with special techniques of characters, known from Captain Tsubasa manga and anime series. Players strongly resembling real-life stars of the time: Thomas Häßler, Julio Cesar da Silva, Jean-Pierre Papin, Peter Schmeichel, Franco Baresi, Ronald Koeman, Tomas Brolin, Dennis Bergkamp, or Gabriel Batistuta are present in the game. Tecmo also introduced its own characters, like Brazilian ace Signori, skilful forward Alcyone, and world class goalkeeper Savicevic, among others.
The game's story mode focuses mainly on Tsubasa's Serie A season with Lecce and international campaign with Japan. In addition, other characters like Kojiro Hyuga, Genzo Wakabayashi, Lui Napoleón, Carlos Santana or Karl-Heinz Schneider have their less-expanded scenarios as well. The competitions in the game are based on real major international tournaments, like Asian Cup, Copa America and World Cup. In the All-star mode, the players can create new characters, arrange a friendly match (with all the teams, or by composing an own squad from all the players available in the game) and create a league with national or club teams.
- Juan Diaz (ディアス): playmaker and leader of Albicelestes, loosely based on Diego Maradona; Díaz has five different shot techniques and a combination technique with teammate Alan Pascal, the Argentina Combi.
- Arantes (アランチス): based on football legend Pelé; he plays for Canarinho Stars - the strongest team in the game, which consists of players inspired by classic Brazilian stars: Garrincha, Gilmar, Rivelino or Zico; he does not possess any special techniques, however his individual attributes are extremely high.
- João Aragones (ジョアン): coach of Campione and former tutor of Roberto Hongo; taught his best players (Nitta, Alcion and Signori) the unique technique - Geijutsu Teki Dribble.
- Signori (シニョーリ): one of the most important characters in this instalment of the game; arrogant Brazilian midfielder/forward with effective dribble and trademark Axel Spin Shot, Signori plays for Seleção and Parma. Signori featured in the game's manual.
- Schneider (カール・ハインツ・シュナイダー): world-class forward with total of 8 special techniques, including potent Neofire Shot; Schneider plays for FC Bayern Munich and is one of Tsubasa's greatest rivals.
- Stratto (ストラット): star player of AC Milan and Italy, known from Captain Tsubasa 4; he is able to beat most of goalkeepers with his powerful Megaton Shot.
- Kusta (クスタ): arguably the best defender in the game, he plays for Malaysia and Campione; hard to beat due to his special defensive techniques: block, charge and tackle.
- Furia (フーリア): skilful midfielder of AC Milan, inspired by Dutch Ballon d'Or winner Ruud Gullit.
- Van Berg (ファン・ベルグ): based on Marco van Basten; possess very good shot technique and heading ability; despite his great skills, he is only substitute at Milan. At the time of the release of the game, Van Basten was seriously injured, which resulted in his early retirement.
- Kanu (カヌー): player with decent technique, based on Nwankwo Kanu from 1993 FIFA U-17 World Championship winning team; characters resembling other members of that squad: Wilson Oruma and Celestine Babayaro are also present in the game.